Happy December! We have made it to the last month of the year…and I am so excited about that. December is full of great days of celebration – Chanukah, Christmas, Kwanzaa and more. Just in case you are at a loss for fun NYC December events 2014 to enjoy with your elementary school sons, below are my top 15 picks:
1. (12/1) Winter’s Eve at Lincoln Square
2. (12/2) The Knicks basketball team plays the Nets
3. (12/14) Hanukkah Family Day at the Jewish Museum
4. (12/17) THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES
5. (12/19) Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb
6. (12/27) Kwanzaa celebration at the American Museum of Natural History
7. (12/27) Harlem Globetrotters at Barclays Center
8. (12/31) Times Square Ball Drop
9. (12/31) New Year’s Eve Grand Army Plaza Fireworks Display
11. Tree viewings – including the origami tree at AMNH (opened 11/24) and the Rockefeller tree lighting (12/3-1/7)
12. Radio City Christmas Spectacular (until 12/31)
13. (12/16 – 12/23) Lighting of the World’s Largest Hanukkah Menorah
14. Holiday window display viewing – You can use this Christmas Windows walking tour map as a guide.
15. Ice skating at various NYC skating rinks
If I missed any (especially) great events that are taking place this month, please let me know. Thanks!