There are a lot of fun activities and events for kids in NYC this weekend and beyond. Below are 11 of my top picks plus an additional 4 posts from my parenting colleagues that I found especially helpful. Enjoy!
1. Baby Loves Disco: Valentine’s Day Party at Le Poisson Rouge (February 10th at noon; $20 per person/$60 per family of four)
2. Bank Street Bookstore Events (February 10th at 2pm A Valentine’s Day Chocolate Tasting; February 14th at 2pm Make-Your-Valentine Craft Workshop!; February 14th at 4:30pm “Kiss Me Again” Valentine’s Day
3. Be My Valentine Art Workshop at 74th St. Magic (February 11th at 4-5pm; Ages 3 and up; Drop off only. $20 per child.)
4. Family Art Project: Hearts and Flowers at Wave Hill (February 10th at 10am-1pm) *The February 9th at 10am-1pm session has been cancelled due to the storm!
5. FAMILY WORKSHOP: WILL YOU BE MY VALENTINE? at Sony Wonder Technology Lab (February 14th at noon-1pm; $5 per participant)
6. Little Artists: Be Mine Valentine’s Day Collage at Children’s Museum of Manhattan (4 & younger; February 14th at 10am and 1pm)
7. Valentine Cooking Workshop with Sylvie Berger at French Institute Alliance Francaise (February 9th at 3:30pm; $7-$10)
8. Valentine’s Day at Children’s Museum of Arts (February 14th at noon-5pm; a variety of programs including Paper Hearts, Silly Love Songs and Valentine’s Animation)
9. VALENTINE’S DAY CARD CREATIONS at the Skyscraper Museum (February 9th at 10:30-11:45am) *Cancelled due to the storm!
10. Valentine’s Day Party at Citibabes (February 14th at 4-5:30pm; 10 for members and $15 for non members.)
11. Victorian Valentine Workshop at Bartow Pell Mansion Museum (February 9th at 1-3pm; $8 per person) *Postponed to Sunday at 1pm due to the storm!
12. igokids Valentine event calendar listings
13. Valentine’s Day for NYC Kids: Cool Ways to Share the Love with the Whole Family at Mommy Poppins
14. We Heart New York: 11 Valentine’s Day Activities at Red Tricycle New York
15. 25 ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day 2013 with kids at Time Out New York Kids