While the weather has not quite caught up yet, I’m excited that it is springtime in the city. Besides my kids’ allergy issues, spring is my favorite time of the year! Below are seven family-friendly activities that I am especially excited about this month…
1. Macy’s Flower Show 2013 (3/24-4/7 in New York): This annual show is always a colorful attraction.
2. Baseball season (Mets and Yankees) begins on April 1st!
3. The Dance Theatre of Harlem (4/10-14) begins its 2013 New York season for the first time in nine years. (They offer a family matinee on April 13th at 2pm.)
4. Tribeca Film Festival 2013 (4/17-28): Their family festival street fair is an especially popular event.
5. Earth Day (4/22) and corresponding Earth Day New York events (4/20-22): Currently activities are scheduled at Grand Central and Union Square.
6. 6th Annual Street Games(4/27). Enjoy classic street games at Thomas Jefferson Park in Harlem.
7. Cherry Blossom Festival NYC and Sakura Matsuri at Brooklyn Botanic Garden (4/27-28): The cherry blossoms are blooming and the Sakura Matsuri weekend will provide a great opportunity to view the blooms as well as to celebrate Japanese culture with a wide variety of activities.
I’ll update the site as I cross off various items on our family list. Please let me know in the comments section below if there are any spring activities for kids that you have questions about. Also, if there are any fun things on your family “to do” list for this month, please let me know. (I just might want to tag along!)
If you enjoyed this post, please forward it to a friend or tell them to sign up here. Thanks!