Congrats to the winner: Melanie
I’m so excited about this special three day giveaway. I’m one of a few sites that has been selected to give away a free registration to Blogalicious 2009. There are gazillion different blogging conferences, but this is the only one that I’m attending this year. Below is why I personally think that this is the hottest ticket available at the moment:
1. It’s going to be intimate (but large enough to be significant) and full of relevant information. I’m not a huge conference fan. Even when I worked in “corporate America”, I never really loved attending super huge events. I’m an extrovert, but I definitely function better at smaller events. Also, I like that the agenda is filled with wonderful learning opportunities.
2. It is focused on women bloggers of color. It’s a great time for women bloggers from all nations to learn from and enjoy the company of one another. The thing that I especially like is that all women are encouraged to come. It has been asked if White women are welcome and the answer is a resounding “yes”!
3. Some of my bloggy friends are hosting it. I met Nadia/Justice Jonesie, one of the co-founders of the conference, while attending the Walt Disney World African American Mom Blogger Mixer last October. She is a smart, fun lawyer and mom. When given the opportunity to support my friends (online and offline ones), I try to do so.
4. The conference is being held in Atlanta, Georgia. I’ve wanted to visit Georgia for a while and now this is my opportunity to do so.
5. I’m speaking on one of the panels. Here’s the thing. I love information. I love learning different things and then teaching it to others. (I considered being a teacher, but I’m not a morning person. I would probably be fired.) Anyway, I’m speaking on a panel about Blog-Life Balance. I’m excited to share how I am learning “the juggle” as well as to learn how others are doing it.
All that to say… “You should come!”
To win the conference pass ($200 SALE/ Reg. $265), please let me know what you like the most about BLOGALICIOUS 2009 in the “Comments” section below. I will choose a random entry at noon on Friday (September 4th).
For additional entries:
1. Tweet (with a link to this post) about the contest.
2. Blog (with a link to this post) about the contest.