Children’s FLONASE® Allergy Relief compensated me in connection with statements made in this post.
My 9-year-old son Sean loves the fall season. Unfortunately, he has seasonal allergies in the fall. My husband Reggie and I try to keep on top of his seasonal allergies from the start so that he can be his best during this time of the year.
How to distinguish allergies from colds
It can sometimes be challenging to distinguish allergies from colds when the weather shifts. Fortunately, due to my parenting blogging work, I have had the opportunity to speak with some of the top pediatric and adult allergists in the country. Below are three tips that I have picked up regarding how to tell the difference between colds and allergies:
1. The average cold lasts 3 – 14 days while allergies last days to months. (source)
2. Although the nose can run with both colds and allergies, there is a difference. With allergies, the mucus color is different. I know that this topic is gross, but this is the tip that helps me the most. When the mucus is clear and constant, it is usually allergies. With colds, the mucus tends to be a little thicker with a yellow to greenish color. (source)
3. Allergies are genetic. Parents who have allergies have a greater chance of passing them on to their children. (My husband and I both have seasonal allergies. Sorry Sean!) (source)
Fortunately, Reggie and I have some experience with seasonal allergy relief. FLONASE® Allergy Relief has worked very well for both of us personally in the past. Sean has used a different prescription in the past, but I’m excited for Sean to try Children’s FLONASE® Allergy Relief for kids ages 4+ this fall season. Based on my experience with the adult version of FLONASE®, I’m hopeful that the children’s version will provide relief for Sean. My confidence is based on the facts below:
Children’s FLONASE® Allergy Relief is non-habit forming.
It is an anti-inflammatory that works in your kid’s nose to help block the allergic reaction that makes them uncomfortable.
It is the only OTC nasal spray that has been indicated to relieve both nasal congestion and itchy, watery eyes. (Most of the other over the counter allergy pills only act on histamine.)
It outperforms the #1 non-drowsy allergy medicine and it provides full prescription (without the prescription!) strength allergy symptom relief.*
*Total nasal symptom relief vs. 10 mg single ingredient loratadine.
If your child suffers from seasonal allergies, using Children’s FLONASE® Allergy Relief may help your little one. You can get yours at their handy store locator. You can also join FLONASE® Greater Rewards program. In this program, you will earn points whenever you purchase FLONASE®, watch videos and read articles, share content with friends and more. (Currently, you will immediately earn points and receive an up to $4 FLONASE® coupon when you join the program.)
Relief from allergy distractions, Sean will be free to do the outdoor things that he especially enjoys doing in the fall. Things like…
-Our family’s annual apple picking trip
-Seeing the circus under the big tent at Lincoln Center
-Delivering food to the sick and elderly for our family’s favorite charity on Thanksgiving
In any event, my husband and I want both of our kids to be fully present people – especially during the fun times of life. With Children’s FLONASE® Allergy Relief, kids who suffer from seasonal allergies can do just that – relief from annoying allergy symptoms like nasal congestion, and itchy, watery eyes!
How do you handle your family’s seasonal allergies? Tell me in the comments and you will be entered to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 8/11/2016 – 9/30/2016
Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by FLONASE® or GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare
If you enjoyed this post, please forward it to a friend or tell them to sign up here. Thanks!