As Mother’s Day 2013 approaches, I have been looking through a lot of quotes for mothers. Below are some particularly lovely sayings…
1. It is the wise parent who gives her child roots and wings. – Chinese proverb
2. God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers. – Rudyard Kipling
3. All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother. – Abraham Lincoln
4. The phrase “working mother” is redundant. – Jane Sellman
5. Mothers have the ability to liberate by love or, by neglect, to imprison. They’re our first teachers; they are our first loves. – Dr. Maya Angelou
P.S. If you enjoy the recipes on this site, please check out my NEW eBook Soul Food: 31 Easy Recipes for Home Cooks. Get it today for only $4.97!