I hope that your July has started on a pleasant note. I was able to spend some time with family and great friends at two barbecues over the extended Fourth of July weekend so it has been a wonderful month so far. Although it can be one of the hottest and wettest months of the year, July is still a great month to be in the city. I thought about some of the things that my family has enjoyed (or are planning on trying out) and came up with this list of 11 “Fun Things to Do in NYC with Your Family This July”. Enjoy!
1. Visit Luna Park amusement park in Coney Island in Brooklyn.
2. Visit the interactive New York Hall of Science museum in Queens.
3. Experience the Gazillion Bubble Show at New World Stages in Manhattan.
4. See one of the many FREE summer movies being shown throughout the five boroughs. (On 7/22, there will be a Star Trek-themed movie night on the Intrepid.)
5. See one of the many FREE summer concerts being shown throughout the five boroughs. (My family is going to pack a picnic lunch and see “Broadway in Bryant Park” this Thursday.)
7. Cruise on a local boat. Circle Line offers sightseeing cruises with beautiful views.
8. Bowl at your favorite alley. Many spots have summer discounts for kids.
10. On July 17th, celebrate at the Rubin Museum Annual Block Party from 1pm to 4pm.
11. From July 29th to 31st, enjoy the 38th Annual Thunderbird American Indian Mid-Summer PowWow at Queens County Farm.
NYC Restaurant Week Summer 2016 will be held from July 25th to August 19th. (Sometimes, I go with family members while I meet up with my foodie girlfriends at other times!)
If you enjoyed this post, please forward it to a friend or tell them to sign up here. Thanks!