The next four days of desserts are going to be fun…because it’s all about covering some of your favorite things in chocolate. Basically, you’re just warming up your favorite chocolate and dipping some of your favorite foods in them. I’m going to be sharing about dipping candy canes, dried fruit, potato chips and pretzel, but the sky is the limit.
Chocolate Covered Candy Canes Recipe
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped or disks
- Approximately 8 candy canes
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Melt the chocolate. I use a homemade “double boiler” method. As another option, you can simply melt the chocolate according to the directions on its package, which usually includes a microwave option. The key is the quality of chocolate…get the highest quality chocolate that you can afford. You (and your “gifted” ones) deserve it!
2. Remove the chocolate from the heat. Hold the candy cane by the edge and dip it into the chocolate. Gently shake off any excess chocolate. (I sometimes use a butter knife to smooth the chocolate on the candy cane so that the parts that I want covered are smoothly covered.)
3. Place the dipped candy cane on the parchment paper lined baking sheet. Set aside the chocolate covered candy canes until the chocolate is set – about 30 minutes up to an hour.
-You can dip fresh fruit (strawberries, bananas, cherries, apples), bacon, nuts, marshmallows, Oreos, coffee beans and more.
-Instead of milk chocolate, you can use white chocolate or dark chocolate.
-Feel free to add toppings. Sprinkles, coconut, white chocolate drizzles and such are great options.