I like the idea of doing a recipe roundup around a specific theme, since there are so many great recipe posts on the web. This particular edition features some of my favorite Halloween themed recipes. (These are literally my favorites. When I go through my twitter stream, I just “favorite” every post that sticks out to me. Then, when I have a chunk of time, I go read the posts to see which ones I like the most. These are my Top 7.) Enjoy!
1. Grub Street shares how to make homemade candy with these recipes from New York chefs- nym.ag/uWeZXi
2. The Kitchn picks the 15 best Halloween treats for this year. thekitchn.com/thekitchn/hall…(On a side not, I love this site. They have especially great email newsletters!)
3. Good Bite shares the best YouTube Halloween treat recipes.
4. Finding Vegan has a variety of vegan Halloween treats. (A new friend seems to be going vegan every week…)
5. Babble Food has a variety of Halloween themed treats. I especially like Kelsey Banfield’s post about healthier Halloween treats to hand out. (While most parents won’t let their kids eat unwrapped treats, these would be great options. for Halloween parties that include family and friends.)
6. The Cooking Channel has some gross treat recipes (think kitty litter cake)!
7. Bakerella shares a recipe for eyeball cake pops that are sure to catch your eye. (I know that the pun is corny, but I just couldn’t help myself :-)!)
Have you seen any especially great recipes for Halloween treats or snacks on the web? If so, definitely leave the information in the “Comments” section so that I can take a peek. Thanks!