My two sons (ages 9 and 12) have been telling me their Christmas wish lists since September 22nd, the first day of fall. I told my oldest son to stop asking me for Christmas gifts until after Halloween…so he started emailing me what he wanted. Touché. Michael (12) and Sean (9) know that they only get three gifts each so I guess that they are just sharing everything that they want so that they can narrow their choices down to their top three in December. Anyway, I decided to keep a running list of their picks so that those of you with sons in this age range can have holiday gift ideas too! Below is their Top 25 “Boy-Approved” Holiday Gift Ideas for Tween Boys 2016:
1. Batman: Return to Arkham
3. Comic Books: DC Comics and Marvel Comics are especially popular.
Michael also wants the Injustice 2, Overwatch and Destiny video games. Although we sometimes make exceptions, my husband and I are not big fans of first person shooter games for kids. He will have to wait until he is 13 (in a few months?!) for us to consider purchasing those games as gifts for him.
1. Kirby: Planet Robobot : “It looks cool. Kirby can turn into a robot.”
2. Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon: “Nintendo is so smart. They do two versions with only one main difference. The only differences in these two are that one has legendary and that they are at different times of the day.”
3. Diary of a Wimpy Kid # 11: Double Down: “There is always a new one around the holidays.”
5. LEGO Dimensions: To his pleasant surprise, we received a LEGO Dimensions Starter Set and several game packs to review. (You can see him playing with them on the Kids Love the LEGO Dimensions New Characters post.)
I’m happy that there are several books mixed in with the video game requests. I’ll take it! If you have any other Holiday Gift Ideas for Tween Boys 2016, definitely let me know. (Now that I have shared their picks, I’ll be sharing my own “mom picks” next week.)