1. Guinness World Records 2017: This book makes a great holiday gift idea because it includes fun challenges. Michael tried to win the record for naming the most animated characters in a minute. The world record was 30. He named 22, which was still fun for him to do.
2. TeenSafe: Michael is asking for a phone for his 13th birthday next year. That is why I found this app (it helps parents manage their kids’ phone usage) very interesting.
3. Sweet Loren’s: They offer some amazing all-natural cookie dough. It is available in oatmeal cranberry, peanut butter chocolate and chocolate chunk. My kids would have eaten all of the cookies if we had let them! (They currently have a “$1 off” coupon on their site.)
4. Rock Band Rivals: The kids who attended the KidzVuz holiday event were lined up to rock out with this new kit.
5. flip & tumble bags: I like these reusable bags for myself. You can simply fold them up and toss them into your purse.
7: Heart of Haiti: You can buy fair trade decor and jewelry products to benefit artisans from Haiti and Rwanda on Macy’s site.
Noteworthy for Girls
In case you also have daughters, there were also several brands with positive messages for girls at the KidzVuz Holiday Party…
–Madame Alexander’s Play Travel Friends are dolls representing cultures from around the world.
–SpacePOP is a new brand centered around a secret agent girl band with the message of “freedom and resistance”. They offer cds, books, candy, lip gloss and more fashion and beauty products. They are definitely “Not Your Average Princesses”.
-The Whatever After series of books includes a variety of “girl power” fairy tale adventures.
–Tia (Today I Am) Girl Club is a movement that teaches girls to pursue their dreams. “Say it. See it. Be it.”
My family had a great time celebrating the holidays with our friends at KidzVuz. Please consider supporting the charities and companies mentioned above as you prepare to celebrate with your family this holiday season. Thanks!