Mother’s Day 2010 is Sunday, May 9th. Since back in March, my dear husband has been asking me what I wanted for Mother’s Day and for my birthday which is also this month. I had no answer. Now that it is the week of Mother’s Day, I have a gazillion ideas. (Sorry, honey!) By not including the obvious (spending time with “my 3 guys”/the homemade crafts from the boys/etc.), I have been able to narrow my Mother’s Day/Birthday wish list down to ten things…
1. A Drug Store Gift Card: I have said it before…drug stores are to me what toy stores are to kids…heavenly! I could spend hours in my local CVS or Duane Reade. When I did my “beauty makeover” last month, I learned that my skin was dry. I would like to get a facial cleanser and exfoliator for dry skin along with a new mascara and light pink and light blue nail polishes. (I will get these things anyway. It would just be more fun to get them all at once with a gift card.)
2. A MAC Gift Card: MAC is my new favorite makeup. I spent most of last month’s expendable cash there when my friend took me on a makeover spree. There are still a couple of things that I would like to pick up including a bronzer, makeup primer and brow gel. I also want to get both a large and small makeup bag. (I’m not sure if they sell those there. I didn’t check.)
3. Earrings: My boys like to play treasure hunt…a lot. My earrings tend to be the treasure….leaving me with one from the set of almost every pair of earrings that I started with! Inexpensive but cute silver hoops or colorful, fun earrings would be nice. I don’t want anything extravagant or pricey, because (more likely than not) I will end up with half a pair! (Life is too short for me to care that much…at least until Sean gets a bit older.)
4. A purse or handbag (whatever you call it): I want an every day medium sized bag in a neutral color – something that I can stick my writing notebook (and a toy or two into) and hit the road. I don’t like little itty, bitty bags unless they are brightly colored, because I tend to forget about them!
5. A Gift Card to a Clothing Store: For Spring/Summer, I want a white shirt (I always want a new white shirt every year), a trench coat, jeans, a pair of strappy silver heel; and a cute little dress in a creamy pastel shade (pink/yellow/etc.). The Gap, Ann Taylor Loft, Banana Republic and White House Black Market are some of my favorite stores at the moment.
6. A Gift Certificate to the Spa: Pampering is my friend. If my husband wants to get me a “pedicure of the month” gift card and/or a spa day consisting of a massage, body scrub and pedicure, I would not resist. Smile. I actually won a Spafinder gift certificate as a raffle prize tonight at a charity event that I attended. Prior to winning, I joked to my friends Isabel and Jen, “Let me go do (such & such), so that I can come back and claim my spa prize.” We all had a laugh when I actually did win it. (I’m going to try that “claiming it before I get it” with the #10 thing that I want!)
7. A Barnes & Noble Gift Certificate: I love the written word and stationery. That is why I love Barnes & Noble stores. (The fact that they also now have free wi-fi helps too.) Anyway, their stores stock a few of my favorite things – books, stationery and thank you cards. I’m getting the desire to read and write just thinking about it!
8. Dance Fitness DVDs: Maybe I shouldn’t put this on the list. My husband bought me the “Video Vixen” video from Flirty Girl Fitness when I casually mentioned that it looked like it would be fun. I haven’t used it yet. I’m still intent on making physical exercise a part of my daily life. I did the Shred (Part I). It was great in regards to getting me in the habit of daily exercise, but it hurts my knees too much. Bummer. I’ve been doing a variety of dance workouts – from Bollywood to hip hop – and they are both fun and a good workout. I read that Dance Off the Inches: Sizzling Salsa was a good dance workout DVD. I used to take salsa classes back in my Single days. They were fun and a good workout, so I would try it out.
9. Tech Toys: No, I don’t want an iPad. I want a netbook or a new personal computer to replace my dinosaur PC. What I REALLY wanted was the Droid smartphone. I won’t be getting one for a while though, because I just bought a new cell phone a couple of months ago. I’ll save that wish for Christmas.
10. A TRIP TO PARIS: It never hurts to ask, right? I’m turning 37 on May 21st. Let’s just say that I am committed to getting to Paris before I turn 40! Enough said.
Enough about me. What do you want for Mother’s Day this year? You never know who might be reading…