Time to Play held its Spring Showcase today. You can see some of their photos on their site. While there, I learned about some of the toys that will be available during the Spring and Summer. I also attended a gifting suite which included some of the mentioned toys and had lunch after meeting with various toy manufacturers, retailers and entertainment companies. Below are some photos and a short video snippet that I took at the event followed by my top ten warm weather toy picks.
1. Little Kids’ bubbles: For me, bubbles are synonymous with outdoor fun. They even have Jelly Belly jelly beans scented bubbles this year.
2. Maui Toys’ Sky Ball: Like bubbles, balls are a park staple in our family. I think that the kids will have to fight me and my husband for this fun bouncy (up to 75 feet high) ball. (The rep mentioned that there are a lot of YouTube videos of various people doing tricks with the ball and such.)
3. Disney Pook-a-Looz: These new plush toys are so cute. (I am keeping the Minnie Mouse keychain one for myself!)
4. Kung Zhu: I “slept on” (as in turned down multiple offers to review) the Zhu Zhu Pets last year until it was too late and I couldn’t find one when my son wanted it for Christmas! I won’t make the same mistake twice. This year’s new offering from Zhu Zhu pets, Kung Zhu, are ninja hamsters especially geared towards the boys. It is sure to be a hot buy.
5. Toy Story 3: This movie is going to be a licensing bonanza! It seemed as if every manufacturer had some sort of link to it. Two of my favorites at the event were the Buzz Lightyear Ultra Blast Gauntlet and the Buzz Lightyear Deluxe Action Wing Pack.
6. Iron Man 2: I went to the Iron Man exhibit station and told the person there that we already had everything (plus a couple of more items!) from Michael’s birthday last month. I’m happy that they don’t have anything new (to us), because that means my son won’t be asking for anything else soon!
7. The Last Airbender: This is a new movie that is coming out based on NICKELODEON’S AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER show. This upcoming game, where the kids get to “control” various elements (fire/water/etc.) is so neat. I’m sort of hoping that Michael will ask for this later in the year so that I can try it out myself.
8. Crayola Travel Activities: Crayola is a classic, yet they keep coming up with new products each year. I especially like their Crayola® Dry-Erase Travel Pack. I can see this dry-erase crayons set coming in handy on summer family road trips.
9. Playmobil: Although the pieces get everywhere, my kids enjoy the Playmobil sets that they have been gifted by family and friends over the years. The new Dragon’s Land and African Wildlife sets look like they will provide plenty of hours of imaginative fun for the little ones.
10. Street Surfing’s Whiplash Scooter: This is my “big toy” pick of the season. I think that my son will love it. It will make a great kindergarten graduation gift. In the Time to Play piece above, there is a little video of a tester trying it out at the showcase. Anything that gets my son out and active is an added plus!
So those are my picks. They are a mix of classics (Crayola, bubbles and balls), cute toys, summer movie release branded toys and one big toy pick (for birthdays or graduations and such). What are your top warm weather toy picks?