7. Isabel Kallman (Alpha Mom): If her ears rang every time that someone was saying nice things about her, there would be a constant ringing in Isabel’s ears. She is simply an altogether lovely person. She’s beautiful, smart and funny – an amazing combination. Isabel also has that special quality where she makes you feel like you are the most special person in the room when she is talking to you. Most of all, I love how much she adores her son. (I was able to spend a little time with them together as Isabel crossed off one of the things from her 40 By 40 list.) She is one of the original bloggers from the New York scene who shows no sign of slowing down. I love her!
8. Issa Mas (Your Single Parenting): Issa and I go WAY back – from when Mom in the City was a website for my offline group – not a blog. I instantly liked her sincerity. I’m a bit biased with her being a favorite because she has done several reviews for this site and has simply been an encouraging friend along the way. I’m so excited that over the years, she has become a passionate voice for single moms raising their kids in the city and found her voice on her very own blog. (She also happens to have one of the cutest sons ever!)
9. Jennifer Perillo (In Jennie’s Kitchen): Jennie makes my mouth water when I read her blog. I want her to adopt me so that I can eat the food that she prepares in her kitchen! That’s probably not going to happen (even though she did invite me over to eat) so I will continue to live vicariously through the photos and stories on her blog. Besides being a talented writer, Jennifer is very articulate and professional. When people ask for food blogger recommendations, she is always on my short list. She should be on yours too!
10. Katja Presnal (Skimbaco Lifestyle): The thing that I love the most about Katja is her passion. She loves what she does (writing, consulting, etc.) and it shows. Social media really is her passion. I am always happy to see her smiling face when we are at the same events. Most of all, I love how she is with her kids. I am in awe of how grounded and wonderful her kids are. They are so kind and well-behaved that I always find myself gushing over them after being at an event together. Katja and her husband are doing something (many things, I’m sure) right!
11. Kelcey Kintner (The Mama Bird Diaries): Kelcey makes me laugh. Whether it’s reading a blog post or a tweet or talking to her in person, she never fails to put a smile on my face. The thing that I like the most is that she isn’t even always trying to be funny. It’s just who she is. Sometimes she has that dry, sarcastic urban wit that I just so happen to love. Many writers try to be funny with varying degrees of success. Kelcey is the real deal. Beyond her humor, I love that Kelcey is supportive of other bloggers. Personally, she has introduced me to several great opportunities. I am very grateful for that and try to imitate that quality. Lastly, I would be remiss if I didn’t comment on how attentive Kelcey is to her two adorable little daughters. She’s another altogether lovely HILARIOUS woman that you need to know.
12. Kristina Brooke (Mom on the Rise): I met Kristina at the first Disney African Americans Moms mixer. She had us all laughing SO hard at dinner. Kristina is funny! She is also very smart (a former teacher, she now homeschools her young daughter) and honest. Not only is she a vulnerable blogger, she is also a great web designer and a co-founder of the wonderful new site geared towards moms of color, Moms of Hue. A savvy business woman, Kristina is the one who encouraged me to raise my consulting rates because “I’m worth it”. Who wouldn’t love someone like that in their corner?! She definitely is a mom on the rise…don’t miss her journey!