I now have some competition for the best homemade turkey burgers…
After attending a Hidden Valley sponsored lunch at Pop Burger, I just had to come home and try a new burger recipe. At the lunch, I tasted the brand new Hidden Valley for Everything Topping & Dip on Pop Burger’s burgers and fries. I really liked the new condiment version of the original salad dressing – it’s thicker and creamier. I also like that it’s a great alternative to ketchup. (I have not been letting my kids eat the ketchup that my husband prefers, because it contains high fructose corn syrup. I’m not an extremist when it comes to food ingredients, but I definitely try to limit things like high fructose corn syrup.)
In any event, when I made the burgers, I did a double layer of ranch. I added the dry ranch flavor packet to the turkey meat before grilling the burgers. Then, I let the kids top the ranch burgers with the Hidden Valley Topping & Dip. It was a hit. As an added bonus, the kids dipped some of the broccoli that I was eating into the dip…and enjoyed that too. (They are not huge broccoli fans.) Michael declared, “Now, I like broccoli…but only with this dip!” I’ll take it…
Hidden Valley Ranch Burgers Recipe
Yield: 5 -6 burgers
- 1 lb. ground turkey meat
- 1 tsp. ketchup
- 1 tsp. mustard
- ½ packet Hidden Valley Ranch dry Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- Seasoned salt and black pepper to taste
- Toppings of your choice (including Hidden Valley Topping & Dip!)
1. Preheat your grill or frying pan.
2. Thoroughly mix the meat, ketchup, mustard, ranch mix, salt and pepper together in a large bowl.
3. Form 5 – 6 burger patties with the mixture. The size of the patties will vary based on your diners.
4. Cook the burgers until they are cooked to your preference. Be certain that you cook the turkey meat until it is at least 165 degrees for safety reasons.
Reggie and the boys enjoyed the burgers so much. Reggie was actually surprised that they were turkey burgers. (He thought that they were beef ones.) I also made some homemade baked ranch fries to go with the meal. I will share that recipe at another time. In any event, “Ranch Night” was a hit. I’m sure that your family will enjoy these ranch burgers and dip also…
FYI: I received samples of the new topping because I am one of the Hidden Valley parent panelists. The recipe and opinions are my families and mine!
If you enjoyed this post, please forward it to a friend or tell them to sign up here. Thanks!