Are you a breakfast person? I must admit that I am not. I make sure to have something though because it is important. Smoothies are one of my favorite things to have in the morning. I have mine with a bit of leftover protein (i.e. chicken) for a great start to the day. This recipe for strawberry smoothie without yogurt is a current favorite.
I had tried strawberry smoothies in the past, but they never appealed to me. I have been having a bit of an obsession with honey as a sweetener lately, so I added a tablespoon of honey to the strawberry smoothie. That little addition made all of the difference. (Surprise!) Now, strawberry smoothies are delicious to me. Since strawberries are high in Vitamin C/a great source of antioxidants and low in calories, I am happy that strawberry smoothies are now one of my smoothie staples. Enjoy!
Recipe for Strawberry Smoothie Without Yogurt
Strawberry Smoothie Surprise
Yield: 1 -2 servings
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup of strawberries
- 1 cup of ice
1. Place all of the ingredients into the blender.
2. Put the top on the blender and mix the ingredients together for 10 – 15 seconds/until it reaches your desired consistency.
3. Pour the mixture in a cup and enjoy!
-If you use frozen strawberries (just pop them in the freezer the night before), it will make a thicker smoothie. That’s my preference.
-This recipe actually makes (2) 1 cup servings, so it is enough to share with someone else.
If you found this recipe helpful, please share it. In addition, consider signing up for my weekly email newsletter so that you don’t miss future updates. Thanks!
You Might Also Like:
- Pineapple Smoothie Recipe
- Mango Smoothie Recipe
- Green Smoothie Recipe: Spinach Smoothie
- Tropical Smoothie Recipe: Pineapple Mango Smoothie
- Triple berry, blueberry and watermelon summer smoothie recipes