I saw a post on social media this week that I really appreciated. It re-framed some of the challenges that we’re experiencing due to social distancing measures. For instance, it had “stuck at home” crossed out and replaced with “safe at home”. It’s true. There are so many fun things to do at home alone or with our families.
I can barely keep up with all of the virtual activity themed press pitches that I’m receiving. There are plenty of sites (Mommy Poppins, Red Tricycle, Time Out/In New York, etc.) that are keeping comprehensive lists, so check them out.
Meanwhile, I’ll be sharing the activities that catch my interest. These are the fun things to do at home when you’re bored that I haven’t seen a lot of other places online yet. Enjoy!
Fun Things to Do at Home (All Ages)
- Club Med is sharing recipes, workouts, family and kid activities on their Club Med at Home site.
Fun Things to Do at Home (Adults)
- Alvin Ailey is sharing performances, classes, and other special content online at Ailey All Access.
- Andrew Lloyd Webber will stream his musicals online.
- Filmed on Stage is also maintaining a list of musicals, plays and operas that are streaming for free.
- The New York Philharmonic is broadcasting new audio and video content on NY Phil Plays On.
Fun Things to Do at Home (Kids)
- Children’s Museum of the Arts (CMA) has a new online series, CMA Live! These interactive sessions take place over Zoom and include sing-alongs, art creation, creative movement and more.
- Girl Scouts has launched a Girl Scouts at Home website with self-guided activities.
- Hasbro released full episodes of the 80s G.I. Joe series on YouTube.
- Jr. NBA at Home is offering a series teaching basketball skills and drills featuring NBA and WNBA players that can be done in limited space.