A couple of friends came over for dinner last Saturday night and brought us several zucchini from a farmer’s market. Zucchini is such a great, versatile vegetable. Some of the ways that I like to use it are in stir-fry dishes, shredded in various breads and muffins or with pasta. This time, I simply prepared it as a side dish. It was quick (less than 15 minutes total) and delicious. I think that you will enjoy it too!
Simple Sautéed Zucchini
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 cups of zucchini, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan (or skillet) over a medium heat.
2. Add the garlic to the pan and let it cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the zucchini to the pan. Stirring occasionally, cook the garlic and zucchini together until the zucchini is tender (approximately 5 minutes). Add the salt and pepper to your preferred taste.
You can also add some freshly grated Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top. I find that a little cheese on top helps kids (and some adults) enjoy their vegetables even more!
Related Zucchini Recipes
If you enjoyed this post, don’t miss future ones! Please be sure to sign up for my email updates. (Also, if you’re on Pinterest, let’s follow each other.)