June has been exciting health-wise. A friend and I did a challenge to exercise every day of the month. If When I finish my workout today, that will be 30 days of exercise in a row for me. Yay! The thing about exercising consistently is that it makes me be more mindful of my eating choices. (Since I turned 40, exercise doesn’t really make me lose weight. Rather, it firms up the weight that is there) Since I love to eat a wide variety of foods with friends and family, I am focusing on having smaller meals for two of my three daily meals. That usually looks like a smoothie for breakfast and a soup for lunch. One of my new, favorite breakfasts is this Peach Mango Smoothie. Since it’s dairy-free, I usually eat a small piece of chicken with it in order to get a bit of protein in my morning meal. I hope that you enjoy it too!
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1/2 cup of peeled, chopped peaches
- 1/2 cup of peeled, chopped mango
- 1 tbsp honey (optional)
- 1 cup of ice
- Place all of the ingredients into the blender.
- Put the top on the blender and mix the ingredients together for 10 – 15 seconds/until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Pour the mixture into a glass and enjoy!