Earlier this month, I shared about Outback Steakhouse’s reinvention of its entire menu. (This month they are featuring 15 meals for under $15 starting at $9.95. Classic favorites and new creations such as The Sweet Glazed Roast Pork Tenderloin, Shrimp en Fuego, Ribs and Alice Spring Chicken are all under $15.)
I’m now happy to share that Outback is offering one lucky Mom in the City reader a free $25 Outback Steakhouse gift card (that’s two $9.95 meals!).
Even if you don’t win, you can make the Outback-exclusive recipe for Crab Stuffed Shrimp (see below) to share with your friends and family.
Crab Stuffed Shrimp Recipe
¼ pound Butter
¼ pound Diced Onion
¼ pound Diced Celery
1 ½ tsp. Chopped Garlic
2 Tbs. Sliced Green Onions
¼ tsp. Salt
1/8 tsp. Black Pepper
1/8 tsp. White Pepper
1 cup Bread Crumbs
¼ pound Lump Crab Meat
1. Place sauté pan over medium heat. Place butter in the pan and allow to melt.
2. Place onions, celery, garlic, green onions, and seasonings in pan and cook for 6-8 minutes.
3. Place mixture into a blender and blend for 20 seconds. Caution: Mixture will be HOT.
4. Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl adding bread crumbs and drained crab meat. Fold in with
a spatula until blended.
Lemon Pepper Butter:
½ cup Water
2 Tbs. Flour
1 ½ Tbs. Lemon Juice
½ pound Butter
1 tsp. Lemon Pepper Spice
1. Combine water, lemon juice, flour and seasonings in a sauce pan.
2. Over high flame, whisk until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
3. Slowly add softened butter in small amounts until all is blended.
1. Butterfly shrimp.
2. Place flour in a container and toss shrimp until completely coated.
3. Deep fry shrimp at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 minutes.
4. Place 1 Tbs. of hot stuffing onto each cooked shrimp.
5. Drizzle 1 Tbs. of Lemon Pepper Butter over each shrimp.
Serve and Enjoy!!!!!
To enter the giveaway for the $25 gift card, please tell me your favorite Outback Steakhouse menu item in the “Comments” section below by April 30th.