As I mentioned in yesterday’s roasted asparagus recipe post, I’m sharing my roasted broccoli recipe today.
I had never tasted roasted broccoli until I prepared a roasted broccoli miso soup for a dear friend…
View this post on Instagram
Happy Monday! I haven’t cooked anything new in a while (simply because I primarily cook what family and friends request) so it was good to prepare something new this weekend – a roasted broccoli miso soup – for a dear friend. I’ll have to take my friend’s word for it because I have no idea if it tastes good. (I don’t like miso broth.) 🙃 I DO love roasted broccoli now though, so there’s that. 😊 #latergram #whatscooking
Since then, roasted broccoli has become a family favorite. Now, it’s one of my youngest son’s favorite green vegetables too. As a word of encouragement to moms of “selective” (read: picky) eaters – Keep introducing foods in different ways. You never know what will “click”. My youngest, who previously strongly disliked broccoli now LOVES roasted broccoli.
Roasted Broccoli Recipe
Really Simple Roasted Broccoli Recipe
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 large bunch of broccoli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- (Optional) Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Wash and dry the broccoli. Cut the broccoli florets from the stalk into medium-sized spears. (I also like to peel the stalk and slice it into 1/4-inch slices.)
3. Coat the broccoli pieces with the olive oil.
4. Spread the coated broccoli pieces in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle the salt and pepper on the broccoli pieces.
5. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn each piece over and bake for an additional 5 minutes before removing from the oven.
-Don’t worry. The tips of some of the florets will become brown.
-Serve the warm broccoli with freshly grated Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. The combination is delicious together.