This past weekend, we went to lunch over a friend’s home. I volunteered to bring over lasagna, since I wanted to make one for my father-in-law too. (I don’t cook lasagna a lot, because Reggie is not a huge fan of dishes with a lot of cheese in them.) It’s like mashed potatoes around here…I’ll take any excuse to make them! Lasagna is just one of those dishes that are hard to get wrong. Another thing that I like about lasagna is that you can mix it up by changing up the cheeses, meats and vegetables. Both Serena and I have shared lasagna recipes before, but this one is a little different (but equally delicious). There are a lot of little steps, but it’s still really easy to make. Enjoy!
Easy Four Cheese Turkey Lasagna
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 lb lasagna
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 ¼ cup shredded Parmesan and Romano cheese blended
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Boil lasagna noodles according to the directions on package (if you don’t make your own).
3. Brown turkey meat (sprinkled with your favorite seasonings) in a pan until it is well done. Drain any excess liquid. Place the meat back in the pan along with your favorite marinara sauce.
4. Lightly coat the bottom of the baking dish with a little sauce (so that the lasagna noodles won’t stick to the bottom of the pan).
5. Place a layer of the lasagna noodles on top of the bit of spaghetti sauce.
6. Spread a layer of ricotta cheese over the lasagna noodles. (It spread easier if the noodles are dry.)
7. Spread a layer of the meat sauce over the ricotta.
8. Sprinkle a layer of mozzarella and Parmesan/Romano cheese over the meat sauce.
9. Repeat steps 5 – 8.
10. Cover the lasagna dish with aluminum foil and place it in the oven for 30 minutes.
11. Remove the aluminum foil from the dish and put it back in the oven for 5 more minutes. It’s all ready!
*To make this recipe meatless, simply leave out the turkey filling. It is still delicious.sign up here. Thanks!