I hope that everyone enjoyed Thanksgiving. I did! Since it was just going to be my immediate family eating dinner together, I tried to convince “my guys” to order Chinese food. Since they wouldn’t agree to that idea, I let them choose a couple of dishes each and prepared most of them after our traditional “God’s Love We Deliver” Thanksgiving morning deliveries.
We had collard greens, string beans, mac and cheese, sweet potato casserole, turkey legs, fried chicken, ham, yellow rice, biscuits, and apple pie. I haven’t shared the turkey legs recipe yet, so I’m sharing it today. (I cooked them in my slow cooker. I haven’t joined the Instant Pot wave yet!)
Slow Cooker Turkey Legs
Easy Slow Cooker Turkey Legs with Vegetables
- 3-4 lbs turkey legs
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- *Seasoned salt and pepper
1. Rub butter on the turkey legs and under the turkey skin.
2. Season the turkey legs with your desired seasonings.
*I use approximately 1/2 tsp of seasoned salt and black pepper per turkey leg. Sometimes, I add poultry seasoning too.
3. Place the turkey legs in the slow cooker and cover them with the vegetables.
4. Cover with a lid and cook on low until the meat is tender – 6 to 8 hours.
-After you remove the pork and vegetables from the slow cooker, collect the remaining turkey juice in a separate bowl. It is great to pour the liquid over the turkey legs right before serving them.