Back in October of 2008, Parents magazine shared a recipe for Peanut Butter Cookies that only required three ingredients. I tried it and it was great. Now, it’s my “go to” peanut butter cookie recipe. Then, I just add fun extras to make them special. I don’t see the recipe on Parents.com, so here’s my version…
Simple 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup peanut butter (I use smooth.)
- 1 cup sugar (plus a little extra to roll the peanut butter balls in)
- 1 egg
- Sea salt and chocolate for toppings (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir the peanut butter, cup of sugar and egg together in a medium bowl.
- Using your hands, roll the dough into small balls – approximately 1 inch each. Cover the balls with a light coating of sugar. (You can put some sugar in a plastic bag, drop a couple of the balls in at a time and gently shake them. As another option, you can just put some sugar on a plate and roll the balls in it.)
- Place the rolled dough on the parchment covered cookie sheet. Place them a couple of inches apart so that they have room to expand as they bake. To get that criss-cross pattern on your cookies, simply press each ball of dough down with a fork both horizontally and vertically.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and let the cookies cool.
-The chocolate and sea salt toppings take these cookies to a greater taste level. Simply melt the best chocolate that you can find (I prefer milk chocolate) according to the package directions. Using a spoon, drizzle the chocolate over the warm peanut butter cookies. Then, sprinkle a light dusting of sea salt over the peanut butter and chocolate cookies. Let the cookies cool in the refrigerator for approximately 20 minutes. They are amazing.