Today, May 10th is National Shrimp Day. As Bubba Gump noted in the movie Forrest Gump, there are lots of ways to serve up shrimp. I’m sharing a shrimp hoisin recipe in this post. This easy air fryer shrimp recipe only takes seven minutes to cook in my Ninja AF101 air fryer.
I have a love-hate relationship with shrimp. I “hate” to devein them but I love how good they taste. Since shrimp is one of the few kinds of seafood that everyone in my family will eat, I try to mix up how I prepare them. This hoisin shrimp recipe is one of my favorite ways.
Air Fryer Shrimp Step-By-Step Guide
Marinate one pound of (peeled, deveined, cleaned) shrimp for 15-30 minutes. I sprinkle sea salt and coarsely ground black pepper on the shrimp. Then, I toss them with 2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce, 1 teaspoon of soy sauce and 3 cloves of chopped garlic.
Preheat the air fryer to 390°F for 3 to 5 minutes.
Spritz the air fryer basket with oil and place the marinated shrimp in it.
Air fry the shrimp at 390°F for 7 minutes, flipping them over at the 4-minute mark.
Remove the shrimp from the air fryer basket and serve.
Shrimp Hoisin Recipe
Air Fryer Shrimp With Hoisin Sauce
- 1 lb raw shrimp (thawed, peeled and deveined)
- 2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- Sea salt and coarsely ground black pepper to taste
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the shrimp. In a bowl, mix the shrimp with the hoisin sauce, soy sauce and garlic. Let the mixture marinate for 15-30 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer to 390°F for 3-5 minutes.
- Spritz the air fryer basket with oil and arrange the marinated shrimp in a single layer in the basket.
- Air fry the shrimp at 390°F for 7 minutes, flipping them at the 4-minute mark.
- Remove the shrimp from the air fryer basket and serve.
-Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. A single layer helps to ensure even cooking.
-You can use 2 cloves of garlic in this hoisin shrimp if you prefer. (My family just really likes garlic.)
-You can serve the shrimp with rice, noodles or even in lettuce wraps. (I serve it for dinner with broccoli and basmati rice.)
-I’ll share my preferred hoisin sauce below.
As home-cooking moms, we need an arsenal of quick and easy recipes that the people in our family will love. If your family likes shrimp, then this delicious air fryer shrimp with hoisin sauce recipe is one more to add to your list.
If you found this recipe helpful, please share it. Thanks!