As I mentioned in my Bake it Happen 2015 post, I have a warm, kind friend named Shari. She has a food blog called My Judy the Foodie, that is inspired by her late mother who was a fabulous home cook. Shari and her sister Stacy started a program to raise funds for breast cancer research called Bake it Happen in memory of their late mother. (Judy passed away of breast cancer.) This is the 4th annual Bake it Happen and I am happy to share about it with you.
Bake it Happen 2016 Details
1. Go to the Bake It Happen website and sign up to receive the following 3 delicious recipes (from 10/1/16 to 10/31/16):
Judy’s Black Bottom Cupcakes, Banana Chocolate Chip Loaf, & Pumpkin Chip Muffins
Credit: Bake It Happen
3. Upload photos of your baked goods to the Bake it Happen Facebook page or email address (email@example.com). $5 will be donated to the Pink Pumpkin Patch Foundation every time that you post or email a Bake it Happen photo (up to a predetermined amount).
4. As an added incentive, you are entered to win an iPad Mini AND 100 Baked By Melissa Cupcakes each time you upload a baking photo.
Baking is not my favorite thing to do, but I believe that baking is an act of love. Since today was cold and rainy, I baked with my youngest son Sean. My husband Reggie has an especially great banana bread that is flavorful and moist. In addition to being delicious, it is super easy to make so I made a variation of it, an Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe, in honor of Bake It Happen’s “Banana Chocolate Chip Loaf”. Enjoy!
- 1 stick unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed, very ripe bananas (or 1 cup of organic banana baby food)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x5 bread pan (or use a baking spray) so that the bread won’t stick.
- In a bowl, cream together butter and sugar with an electric mixer until it is light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs to the butter and sugar mixture and beat all three ingredients together well.
- In a separate bowl, sift the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda and salt). Combine them with the mixture in the other bowl and blend everything well.
- Add the mashed bananas, sour cream and vanilla to the bowl. Stir everything together well.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the banana bread mixture
- Pour everything into the bread pan and let it bake uncovered for one hour (until a toothpick placed in the center comes out clean).
If you enjoyed this post, please forward it to a friend or tell them to sign up here. Thanks!